Friday, October 19, 2012

Healed

When I was 15 years old I was riding bikes with a friend on a warm sunny day after school. We were riding downhill pretty fast and I lost control of the bike and crashed head first into a pile of rocks. This is what I’m told anyway. I don’t actually have any memory of the day due to the force in which I hit my head . I was rushed to the hospital with severe injuries to my face and head and lacerations on my arms and legs. Upon arrival it was discovered that I needed stitches in four different places on my face and I had a broken my cheek bone. After having a CAT scan it was discovered that I would need plastic surgery to put my cheek bone back into alignment so it could properly heal. They told my parents that my face would carry come pretty heavy scars following the surgery and would always look a little deformed. They were also told it would be a very long healing process and that I would probably be out of school for quite a while.

 Somewhere among all the trauma my uncle came to the hospital from his work. When he arrived he immediately gave me a priesthood blessing. In the blessing I was blessed that I would recover fully and quickly, and I was blessed that I would not need surgery in order for that healing to occur. The next day when the doctors sent me to get another CAT scan they were dumbfounded at what they saw. My cheek bone was in perfect alignment. No surgery was necessary. I was released from the hospital later that day and my face was fully healed in two weeks. The scarring went from bright red to being hardly noticeable in just a few more weeks. When I returned to school people didn’t even believe I had been through the experience I had been because there were no outward signs.   

This is just one of the ways the power of the priesthood has affected my life. Priesthood Power is simply the power to act in God's name. Worthy male members of the LDS church can hold this Priesthood and use it to bless lives as our Savior would if He were on the earth. "In my name they shall do many wonderful works; In my name they shall cast out devils; In my name they shall heal
Christ bestowing the priesthood on the 12 apostles
the sick; In my name they shall open the eyes of the blind, and unstop the ears of the deaf ;" (Doctrine and Covenants 84:66-69) This is a real and everlasting blessing given from our Heavenly Father. I know I was healed because of the power of the priesthood and the faith my parents and I had in that eternal power. I am so grateful for the priesthood in my life and that it has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. (See http://mormon.org/restoration)

No comments:

Post a Comment